Letter from Reader #1

As i got some letters from readers with questions on opinion of a bag, i think that it would be nice if i can post the questions and my opinion on this blog as well so people with the same questions can read it and maybe can give their thoughts too.

so, i think i'll start with this letter i receive today.

Hello, I'm going to purchase my first bag by a premier designer, and would like some advice on which ones to consider.
Id like a black basic everyday hobo or satchel. I'm very fond of the spy-bag look, but it is out of my price range. I am considering
Gucci medium hysteria tote, or Jockey hobo. I like the gold hardware. I also like the Balenciaga bags, Medium size and Jimmy Choo and Chloe bags.

What would you recommend for a first bag in the under $2k range?
I love your blog!
Thanks.

Missy McKesson


Dear Missy,

hi :)
oooh i love black bags. from what i read from your letter, personally i vote for the balenciaga from your options.
if you like gold hardware i would say the black balenciaga city with giant gold hardware is a great choice!
what i love about this bag is that the bag say "elegant" and at the same time give a rock n roll feel to it.
it says that you're modern, daring, simple but also trendy.
and the longer strap option is a big help when you want to carry it in a more relax way.
i like that the quality of the leather and it's one of the bag that'll turn more pretty the more you use them.
i also like YSL bags personally, you can pick from the downtown, muse and besace depends on your personality but IMO all of them are great.
if you happen to dress more elegant and want to carry the bag in a formal situations, the muse is the best choice whereas the downtown and besace are more "relax" and "young" looking.

so, let me what you think of these bags :)
and thank you for your letter

xoxo
diana - bag craze